Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All About Me



My name is Ashley Hurte and I am a freshman at Edinboro University. I am currently an elementary education major. I am 18 years old and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I live with my dad and I have one younger sister, along with a dog. I am very friendly and organized. I also love meeting new people and I usually have a very busy schedule with work and school. I work at Shoe Carnival in Erie and I transfer back home over breaks. I enjoy going out with my friends and watching movies. Many people don't know that I have been a girl scout for 12 years now. Before coming to Edinboro, I was a member of my high school color guard team for four years and a softball player for my community for six years. I also danced for five years on a local competitive dance team, and I coached cheerleading for the elementary school that I attended for three years. Below is a video of some of the girls I coached at one of their performance. 


I think technology is an important part of learning today. In classrooms you are starting to see more and more smart boards and laptops being used. In my high school, a lot of our homework was given online and we also had a program similar to D2L. We also had net books in every classroom and all of our teachers tried their hardest to make the classroom a paperless one. Students can now learn and research more by searching the web on their phones or computers to expand their knowledge. For teaching purposes, I feel that technology can help teachers expand their knowledge of the subject they are talking about and it also allows them to teach things in more than one way.

I believe that teachers should create a positive environment for their students to learn and be themselves. Teachers help provide the students with all the resources that each student needs to be successful. Teachers should be able to teach their lessons in multiple ways so that every student can understand the concepts being taught. Teachers also educate our future workers and can make a difference or a lasting impression on each child.


7 comments:

  1. I found it interesting that you played softball. I played in middle school and two years in high school. I played short stop and 3rd base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play softball when I was in Elementary school. I stopped because I wanted to focus on soccer. I was also a girl scout for a few years. Where I live, the troop kinda broke up and so I couldn't really participate anymore. That's cool that you are still a scout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. I've never heard of a "Shoe Carnival" before. In any event, avoid starting every sentence with "I."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good intro to who you are. Your post was very clear on your vision on teachers and the importance of using technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is interesting that you submitted assignments online in High School. When I graduated we were not using very much technology yet, it was 2006. I also think that you provided a good overview about who you are, your background and your feelings about education.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your about me was very well written and gives a great idea of who you are. I also coached a middle school cheerleading squad and your girls are great! You also made your point very clear on how you feel about technology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You organized your about me very well, and kept it short and sweet. Also, I think that it is awesome your high school teachers implemented technology into your classrooms that much. We did not use technology as much where I graduated from, and I would have liked my classes a lot more if we could have.

    ReplyDelete